This year’s Ancaster Heritage Days Parade will be held on Saturday, June 10, 2017, and starts at 10 a.m. at the corner of Wilson and Academy Streets!
The Annual Ancaster Heritage Days Parade runs for approximately 40 minutes and the route is about 2km long, starting at Wilson and Academy Streets, and ending at Wilson and Todd Streets. This year parade entries have been encouraged to use the theme Canada 150. A prize will be awarded for the best use of theme. The parade will be commentated by Brian Wood of CH News!
This year’s parade marshal is Ancaster’s Ann Sloat. The former school trustee, Mayor of Ancaster from ’73 to ’84, Ontario MPP, and Deputy Mayor of Ancaster, Mrs Sloat was recently recognized for her years of community service with the naming of the forecourt in her honour at the Old Ancaster Town Hall.
Cash donations will be collected along the parade route with proceeds supporting future Ancaster Heritage Days events. Thanks to the Rotary Club of Ancaster for helping with this.
Please note that due to summer construction along Wilson Street, between Seminole & Meadowbrook, the end of the parade route will accommodate as needed.
Below are some of the people, organizations and businesses that were featured in 2016:
- Great Pyrenees Club of Canada
- Ballare Studio Dance
- Max’s Big Ride
- Jack Astor’s bar & Grill (Donkey Mascot & Walkers)
- St John’s Anglican Church Ancaster (200th Anniversary Float)
- Ancaster Karate Club
- Ancaster Community Services
- Rotary Club of Ancaster
- Jacks’ and Jills’ Co-op Preschool
- Ancaster Soccer Club
- Ancaster Film Club – Films at Fieldcote
- Ancaster Senior Achievement Centre
- Ancaster Fair
- Ancaster Avalanche Junior Hockey Association
- Ancaster BIA
- Ancaster Community Food Drive
- Hamilton Fire Department
- Village Eyecare Optometrists
- Independent Order of Odd Fellows Ancaster Lodge #138
- Fortinos Ancaster
- St John Ambulance Therapy Dogs
- Rotary Club of Ancaster AM
- Dream Concepts Group
- Stephen J Dunn Insurance Agency
- Bishop Tonnas Catholic Secondary School
- Evolution Martial Arts
- Plus an assortment of amazing bands!!
*Please Note: You will be notified by e-mail if your entry has been selected for the parade. If selected, your organization will receive a complete package with marshalling instructions for the parade. You must receive confirmation from a representative of the Ancaster Heritage Days parade committee to enter the parade on June 10.
Join us in welcoming The Fergus Pipe Band who will be performing in this years parade and who will be celebrating their 90 year anniversary this year!